Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
- The Kingdom of Tonga comprises 168 coral and volcanic islands
- Was named the "Friendly Islands" by Captain James Cook
- There are many islands of Tonga on which missionaries serve
- There are 4 mission boats used to transport missionaries to and from these islands
- He will probably wear tupenus (skirts) and sandals most of the time
- Pens are at a premium, so bring a couple packages of them
- Bring all contacts, contact solution and deodorant to the MTC that he will need for the entire 2 years. (Don't they wear deodorant in Tonga???? Just askin')
- Come prepared to live in a manner that shows no affluence. There is an attitude of sharing there that others sometimes don't understand.
- If your parents desire to send things, send enough for two, as Tongan elders do not have the available resources that "palangi" elders have and sharing is greatly appreciated.
Two more weeks to go!
BTW, his open house is Saturday, March 26 from 5-7pm @ our house.
Farewell is Sunday, March 27 @ 9am at the Stake Center, 11am Helix Ward. All are welcome to any/all.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
We had to get everything off of the freeway, but not leaving anything alone to get stolen. Long story, LONGER day. 8 hours later we were all home safely.
Synopsis of the day: 2 motorcycle crashes
1 concussion (he's okay now)
4 extra trips to the mountains
Picking a toolbox and all its contents off the middle of the freeway between cars
5 worn out teens
2 great friends coming to the rescue
and untold "shenanigans" that they're not giving up while they waited (thanks Mark!)
We're just glad it's over; and after several hours today, the car is finally running again. Is it Friday yet?