Friday, May 30, 2008

Our baby is growing up!!


Yesterday Eric turned 12 years old. He is really excited to be out of Primary and in the Young Men's program. On Sunday he will be ordained a deacon and then the following Sunday he will be able to pass the sacrament for the first time. The poor kid had to spend his birthday night at the swim banquet for his brothers. I really appreciate all his sacrifice while we were supporting his brothers during their sports this year. (The picture is of Eric at the banquet. Sorry, kiddo. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some good ones at the bowling alley. Then it will be ALL ABOUT YOU!) Tonight David and I took him out for his birthday dinner at Hometown Buffet. (Troy & Jason are on a campout. Ahh, the silence!) Tomorrow he will get a "friend party" and on Sunday he will get a little family party. Yes, we consider the Carrs family by now!!!! He got an ipod for his birthday and they have been inseparable so far. Eric really is a joy to have in our family. He cracks us up a lot of the time, but has a really sweet side to him, too. You're a great kid and we love you, Eric!!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Happy birthday Eric! Even though I'm not there anymore I'm sure you will be missed in Primary.

Nicole Shelby said...

happy birthday eric!

i just found your blog...hope you don't mind!

quick note about eric: we've been so impressed with your family. and really impressed with your boys. they are friendly and helpful...and tj loves working with them. and my kids were just so happy that eric sat down and spent time with them when we were over for naomi's baby shower. that is a rare thing for a teenage boy to willingly spend time with little ones. and it meant a lot to them.

Unknown said...

Wow - he sure got big! 12??!! I thought I lost my ipod - for a couple of days I didn't have it - I was VERY upset! But I found it and all is well in the world again :)