Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Home Goods

Yesterday I went to Poway to my friend's house to get my hair cut. I know, it's a long way to drive. There is a store up there called Home Goods. It has really cute stuff for all over the house and is really inexpensive. I got there and found this sign out front. Of course I had to take a picture of it and send it to David's e-mail with the caption "uh oh". He called me and asked, "Where are you?" I asked if I spent less than $5 if it counts. He said "no". Yay. Although we've been painting and finding all kinds of things for the house, I need to stop for awhile and save up for pool plaster...before summer gets here. Uh oh. I'm running out of time.


I bought this metal thingy that says "Believe". My family thinks it's stupid. It's funny how guys can walk in a house and instantly notice new things and ask, "Why did you buy that?" The answer is, because it was cheap and I need stuff to fill this boring house. I figure if I get bored with stuff, I can get rid of it without feeling guilty if I didn't spend very much on it in the first place. Now I have to keep some walls empty for awhile so we can fix that pool. I'm soooo impatient!

I do think everyone should go to this store, though. And it has lots of beachy items for Andrea, and Parisian items for Kim. Although, I think Kim probably doesn't need anymore "stuff".


5 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

What???? I don't need more stuff? I had to laugh when I read your comment. I'm sure everyone I know will agree with it, including me. But when has that ever stopped me? I love, love, love Home Goods!!! They have one in Temecula. I try not to go there very often as I could spend too much money. You are right though, they are quite reasonable and have fabulous things. And you are also right about men or boys. They just don't get the whole decorating thing. Too bad, I say. You won't find them willing to part with their toys, so why should we? I say, SHOP ON GIRL!!!!

Prescott family said...

My family is the same way... I will get something that I think is great & when I get home I get asked that same question "Why'd you get that?" They just don't get it!! I think your "Believe" looks great on your mantel. I NEED to go to this store!!! Although Jamey said I shouldn't get anything until after we move... I don't think I can wait that long!!

The McNeil Family said...

Cute love the sign.. only 5 bucks what a deal..

Sarah said...

I love your BELIEVE sign. A bargain is always worth it right? Troy looks so grown up at his formal, I still can't believe it!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the Believe sign! I wish I could go to that store, sounds like my kind of bargain!