Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Indeed

First off let me just say, Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my mother in law, my sister & my sister in laws - as well as my friends! I hope each of you had a very special day - one way or another. I think this year was my best Mother's Day so far & as I reflect on the day so far it makes me so very thankful for my family. Maybe Mother's Day wasn't invented to just honor our mother but for mother's to really realize what all they have to be thankful for! At least that is how I feel today.

Yesterday Nate painted flowers on my wall in my bedroom - he is quite the artist! Jamey got me a new mirror for my bedroom. I really hadn't planned on anything because I had just got to re-do my living room & I figured that counted as my birthday & Mother's Day gifts. Guess I was wrong! Then today's Sacrament meeting was great & the ward gave each mother a rose & a candy bar. Yum, my kind of gifts! Something pretty & something yummy. After that we got the opportunity to gather with family & friends to witness Nate being ordained to the office of an Elder. It was an awesome feeling seeing my husband do the ordination & my dad being able to stand in on it too. We missed Uncle David - but we understand! It's tough getting old (ha ha) - we know now that a reminder is always a good idea.

After that Nate had the opportunity to stand in on an ordination of a young man in our ward who was being ordained to the office of a Deacon. It was pretty special to see Nate use his new Priesthood especially that quickly.

Last but DEFINITELY not least we got the opportunity to talk to our missionary! The opportunity only comes twice a year & I look forward to it like nothing else. It is so awesome to hear his voice & crazy to think he will be back in 7 short months. Never in my life has time passed as quickly as it has this last year & a half. He has truly become a disciple of Jesus Christ & I'm thankful that he took the opportunity to serve his Father in Heaven & give his very best in everything he does while he is there.

I hope that everyone has had a special day - one way or another. The women I know are all awesome mom's & great examples to me. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you too Andrea. Sounds like you had a great day. My kind of sucked. But that was only because I expect things that I know my family is not going to do. Oh well. Glad to hear you go to talk to Zak. You should be so proud of him (I know you are). I can't believe that he will be home in 7 months. Can't wait to see him and how he has grown. Leaps and bounds. Love you and your family. Kim