Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Twenty Five

I love this time of year, not just because of the cooler tempatures, Santa Ana winds, or the shorter days (more snuggle time) but actually I love this time of year because it reminds me of the most important decision that I've made so far in life - oh so long ago. It reminds me to reflect on my life & appreciate all that I have, all the changes I've been through and how far I have come (and sometimes how far I still have to go!).
Twenty five years ago today I married my high school sweetheart, my best friend, my love and I have never looked back. Can I say the last 25 years has been easy? No certainly not but nothing worth while ever is... I guess I would have to thank the people out there who took bets on our wedding day that we wouldn't last six months.... even though at the time it really hurt my feelings. But looking back, I think knowing that some people didn't think our marriage would work out, made us try harder. Jamey & I were night & day different. He the bad boy, me the good girl - but we've had an incredible spark from the moment we first met that has not died & never will. We've been through a lot together and I am thankful for the good & the bad because they have made us better people. I am thankful for his love & companionship - it gets me up in the morning & keeps me going during the day.

I'm thankful for the father he is to our boys & the example he sets for them on how to treat a wife.  I'm glad that he hasn't grown tired of me & that we still like to have fun together. He is my strength & the person I turn to in all things. He puts up with my weird quirks & still makes me feel beautiful, even more so as I age. I'm grateful for the changes he made in his life so that he can be my eternal companion. I hope that the next 25 years are even better than the first!

1 comment:

Dee Dee said...

Happy Anniversary! You two were definitely meant for each other!!