Sunday, August 30, 2009

Youth Conference!



This was a huge game of "Twister" with about 60 kids playing in the beginning - until they quickly got out of the game (here is Simon getting out).
This was the water game that our stake was in charge of. I think the kids spent more time trying to figure out how to cheat than they did trying to actually do it. It was hard!!

Here Nate has Fielding on his shoulders & they were planning on getting Mark on Fielding's shoulders (while he was on Nate's shoulders). It's a good thing I was standing near & stopped them before someone killed themselves!
Change of plans... now they decided to have Mark get on top of MY car & try to get the water through the pipe that way.... still didn't work! (The PVC pipe is filled with little holes which they were supposed to work as a team to get the water from one end to the bucket on the other end & see who was able to get the most water in their bucket).
Some of the Motley Crew (some actually related to me) who were at Youth Conference. (At one point I thought they broke my camera phone while trying to take this picture!!)
The sunset picture below was the sky on our way back for the dinner & dance portion of youth conference - it's it beautiful? Hard to tell that at 7PM at night it was still like 100 degrees! Too hot for Southern Cali that's for sure!!

This weekend was a multi-stake conference with youth from 14-18. I happen to believe it was successful but I guess we will find out later today after church. Of course I forgot to take pictures from the beginning, but by the end I remembered (thankfully). So here are a few I got (of my kids of course) - there were 5 different activities but I only got pictures of a few....

3 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Your camera phone takes good photos. Looks like the kids had fun. And it is way too hot for SoCal. It's been up to 108 here this week.

The McNeil Family said...

Looks like a fun youth conf. I can't believe it has been that hot there. That's why I need my a/c when it is that hot here is az

Dee Dee said...

The parts I went to were really good. You did a great job!! It's wonderful that the youth get to do these activities. Hopefully it will keep them on the right track!! Why are all those boys on the same team? HAHAHAHAHA