Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference fun with friends....

What's better than watching Conference? Watching conference with friends!! This weekend my family (all but Nate) were out of town, so on Sunday Nate & I headed over to the Mitchell's house to watch conference with them & Laura's family. We each made something yummy to eat for breakfast - so not only did we watch Conference together but we ate lots of delicious food too! We also played Conference Bingo... if you have small kids this is the way to go! For the first half of Conference the kids were so quiet listening to each word hoping to win. Of course some "thought" they heard words that weren't actually said - just so they could win. It was fun & I think we all got a lot more out of it with everyone listening so intently. I wish we had played this game when my kids were small!! I might have actually enjoyed Conference back then! Here are some pictures of us (taken by my camera phone, sorry it's blurry).... Don't we look comfy?

This is everyone listening with their "Bingo Cards". I wish you could have heard how quiet they were at this moment!
Elam was sitting close to the TV so he could be sure not to miss anything.
After Conference Angie made us all a yummy dinner.. then the little ones played Wii.

Angie - Thanks for having us over for the day! It was so nice to hang out with good friends while being enlightened by words from the Prophet! I hope you had a good birthday :o)

No comments: