Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, David

Andrea already posted the November birthdays. So kind of her to put up pictures of us all :) I just wanted to make a special post for my best friend. I'm a few days late, but I'm sure he'll understand.

We started off his birthday weekend Friday night going to Phil's BBQ. If you've never been there, I highly recommend it! It's DELICIOUS! I cannot go there without thinking of our friends, the Bickmores. "We've been kicked out of better places that this!"

Our kids all had plans with friends and we ended up having the evening alone together. By the time I got home from dropping Eric off at Noah's (at 8:30), David was asleep. ROMANTIC! That's what happens when you get old. I had to book an appointment online at midnight, so I stayed up and watched tv. Fun stuff!

We woke up Saturday and went to see Planet 51. It was so fun. We ended up eating popcorn and nachos for breakfast. That was fun for the first little while. We didn't feel so good afterwards. It was cute hearing the little kids' comments throughout the movie, though. Brought back memories of long, long ago.
Saturday evening our friends came over to give us our birthday gifts. We got 4 movie tickets and a gift card to Red Lobster. Needless to say, we ditched the kids and went to dinner. It was nice to have a quiet dinner out. We finished our evening by going out in the jacuzzi. It was such a nice day hanging out with each other....until 1 am when David woke up with the flu. At least his birthday was over and he got to enjoy a nice day. I personally think he wanted to stay in bed and ditch church. Hmmmmmm. Happy birthday, babe. I am glad we got to hang out so much this past week.


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves :) We'll have to try out Phil's BBQ sometime...we haven't been there. Hope Dave is feeling better.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to all the November Prescott birthdays, you guys are a great family!!