Friday, June 17, 2011

Jason's 18th Birthday

Jason is now 18 years old.  As a baby, he won the best crier award hands down!  When he was born, I didn't get to hold him much.  They had the team called in during delivery - and he was a c-section!  I could hear him for hours while I was in recovery just crying.  I asked David if that was our baby, and he said he was pretty sure it was.  The nurses came in and said to me, "Oh boy, you're not going to take this one home, are you?"  For months I knew something was wrong with him, and all the doctors just said it was colic.  After doing EVERYTHING I could possibly do, I took him to a chiropractor upon advice from a few different people when Jason was about 11 months old.  It was like magic.  A few touch of the thumbs onto Jason's back, and wallah, a new baby.  It ended up being that during delivery he got twisted and it messed up his poor little body.  He still has issues from that!! 

So I actually remember the first day Jason laughed and was REALLY happy - where we were and what we were doing.  It was winter and we were at the Pine Valley Park playing in the snow.  That will give you an idea of how absolutely horrible our first year was. 

Jason since then has grown (literally) to be a strong, healthy young man.  He is so kind and thoughtful about other's feelings. He is so super smart and capable.  He is my go-to for getting things fixed around the house when his dad's not home.  Actually, Jason is a carbon copy of his dad.  We all love him so much!!  Happy 18th birthday to you, son.  You make me proud to be your mom.

So here are a some pictures of Jason as he grew up.  Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow design generated with Smilebox

1 comment:

Bonnie Martin said...

Dee Dee, I loved the slide show pictures! My eyes are wet again. I sure do love your son's! Bonnie :)