Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pinch Me!

It is hard to believe that six months from this Thursday (June 16th) Zak will have completed 2 years on a mission. In the beginning if you had told me the time would fly by, I would not have believed you... but it has!
I'd have to say that the last year & a half has been hard for me (for many reasons) but we have been continually blessed. I have felt the Lord's hand on my shoulder many times since Zak left & I know it is because he is being a faithful servant. I would never trade this time for anything. Until you have a missionary of your own you truly do not understand the growth & strength that they gain during their time serving.
Zak has become a disciple of Jesus Christ & I know that he is a better man because of it. He will also be a better husband, father & Priesthood holder.
Zak was recently transferred from Port Huron to Canton & is serving with Elder Smith. It sounds like he loves serving with Elder Smith - you can see by the picture they must have a good time together! Saturday we received a copy of a letter in the mail that was to Zak from his Mission President asking Zak to be a zone leader. I know Zak is happy about that because he loves working with President Holmes!
Although we still don't know the exact date Zak will be coming home, it's still crazy to know that we could be reunited by Christmas! What an awesome present!

Zak still found time (occasional p-day) to have some fun on his skateboard.... but in his last area he was feeling like he needed to get rid of it for the remainder of his mission. So he gave it to an investigator that liked to skateboard. He knows that the Lord will bless him to remember all of his tricks & then some when he returns... if he serves by giving 100%.

I am thankful for a son who didn't even think twice about serving the Lord. I know that he has had hard times while he has been gone but it has never changed his attitude about doing the Lord's work. I know that his Father in Heaven is proud of him... because I am too!

3 comments:

Cula said...

He is definitely an amazing missionary. I know that my Mom is so proud of him and is watching over hi
.

Dee Dee said...

Aw, how cool! And Cula's comment totally made me tear up. It will be exciting to have Zak home. He has been an awesome missionary!!!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

It will be awesome when he returns. He will be a changed man forever. And for the better. You should be a proud mama.