Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

It's been some time since I've posted, sorry... here I was whining about people who have a blog & never post anything. Wow, I should talk! BUT I do have a good reason for it taking me so long (this time).
So many changes in our family, it's been a crazy couple of weeks! I was just recently released from being the stake young women's president - which I was very sad about. I love the girls in our stake! I think living with a bunch of boys makes me appreciate a bunch of teenage girls so much more than the average mom. I am thankful that I don't have to deal with the daily drama that comes along with those girls though! So of course after serving in the stake young women's presidency for about 6 years (not all as president though thankfully), I was curious as to what new calling I would be getting.
I'd love to say I was surprised when they asked me to be a seminary teacher, but I would be lying. Some how (I'm sure it was the spirit) I knew that it was the right calling as soon as it was said. Which is a good thing because teaching seminary is one of the 2 callings I thought I could NEVER do. So when the spirit confirmed it's where I needed to be, I knew I could do it. But do it well??? Well, that's a learning process for sure!! Ha ha
Luckily for me, I know most of the kids in our class- one of which is my son!! No more complaining about how early he has to get up to me... because I am right there with him!
It has also been nice having Jamey get up with us & accompany us to the church to keep the kids in line (ha ha).
Jamey also got a new calling recently... now that he is planning on being home for longer periods of time, they snatched him up! He is the second counselor in the Elders Quorum serving with Trent Black. He's excited for this new chapter in his life. I am proud of him for accepting it as well.
Nate was just called as the second counselor in his Elders Quorum (singles ward) too. It's awesome to see my boys accept callings & serve our Father in Heaven.

Life is moving so quickly for the Prescott family. I can hardly believe how fast our boys are growing up. Where does the time go?

No comments: