Sunday, April 29, 2012

Triathlon 2012

Varsity Scout Triathlon 2012!!  Eric, Noah and Elam did a relay, as well as Taylor, Mike and Guy.   Bishop, David and Mike did the whole thing.  Becky swam, and Jessica biked and ran as a relay.   
 There were over 275 people this year, which is WAY more than normal.  They did the swim in 4 heats.  I almost missed David getting out of the water, because I just KNEW that the guy holding on to the lifeguard's surfboard was him.  I noticed Bishop getting out and my friend Kathie said, "there's David too".  What a terrible wife!!!  I did miss getting a picture of Eric getting out because my camera fell asleep and I couldn't get it back up in time, but the middle left picture below is him running to tag Noah.  Bad mom, too:) 
 Bishop and David did such a great job.  Bishop beat him by about a minute.  Noah was so sweet that he told his relay group, "let's go run with David".  They were so happy to cheer him on.  It sure helped lift David's spirits, too.  He said it was really cool running in with everybody cheering.
 Laura took one of my favorite pictures (below).  He made it - and he didn't die!!!  Good job SW Stake.  We're looking forward to hearing the official times.  I don't know if David will ever do it again, but I'm so proud of him for doing another hard thing. 

No comments: