Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New York City

A couple weeks ago David took a spur-of-the-moment trip to New York City to see his parents.  While there they did a lot of sight seeing.  Eric and I were super jealous that he went, because we've always wanted to go there.  I told him while there he needed to eat New York Pizza, eat at a deli (can you see where my mind goes first???) and to jog at central park - of course to get rid of all the calories from their famous foods.  He didn't do ANY of those things!  Eric and I certainly would have done them and much much more.  FYI-Max and Joy's apartment is only a couple of blocks from Central Park. Their apartment is located in the same building as the temple-which is pictured below.
Since the trip was so out of the blue, he didn't have a fully charged camera battery.  I don't know why I didn't give him the charger to take!  I guess it's because the only trips he ever takes requires a tent and sleeping bag, so having electricity is a whole new deal for my brain to handle:) 

He's such a rebel... had to take a picture under a sign that says "No Standing Anytime".  I love how the arrow points straight to Joy standing there, too. 

It was pretty funny looking at the pictures that he took and what interests him.  There were TONS of pictures of bridges.  He was explaining to Eric and I about the huge cables and how big this bridge actually is - that a full size stand up train runs under where the cars go.  He will always be a bridge guy at heart, even though he doesn't build them anymore. 

He spent 3 whirlwind days in NYC.  I hope the travel bug got to him at least a little bit.  I have a feeling we'll need lots of vacation time over the next several years. 

No comments: