Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bates Nut Farm

Eric & I went to Bates Nut Farm yesterday. It's my favorite pumpkin patch around. It's HUGE! It's also quite a drive, but I remember going there with my family growing up and the kids have always enjoyed it when we've gone. There must have been over 300 people there, but it is so big that it didn't matter. Our favorite thing to do is the straw maze. You can get a stamp card and there are 9 mailboxes that you have to find with a stamp inside to stamp your card and complete the "hunt". After we did that, we went on the tractor ride, then we went in the store and got a drink and Eric's favorite thing there - lemon drops. We walked around and saw the animals, I pushed him in the wheelbarrow, and we walked around and looked at all the scarecrows they have. Then we went back to the straw maze and played hide and seek for awhile. It was 94 degrees, so we were hot & tired, but we had a great time!


9 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Looks like you had tons of fun. Can you believe that I have never been to Bates Nut Farm, and I grew up in San Diego county. I guess I had a deprived childhood (or I just don't remember going). And I never took Brandon there either, so he had a deprived childhood as well.

I just know that Nates Butt Farm (what the locals in San Diego call it) is the place to go in the fall.

Kim

Dee Dee said...

Yeah, that's what we all call it. In fact, yesterday I told somebody we went there and started saying "Nate's..." then I caught myself. She didn't grow up here, so hopefully she didn't get what I was saying!!

Candi said...

What an awesome mom you are!It sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe I might take my kids there one of these days.

Prescott family said...

Do you know that we have never been there!!? Is it too late to take my family there? I think they will still like it... sounds like fun! I love mazes & I know my kids would love to play hide & seek there (they play that every year at Home Depot Christmas tree lot while Jamey & I are looking for our Christmas tree). I'm going to look it up & find out what time they close!! Maybe we will do it for FHE tonight?

Rachelle said...

Sounds like you had a really fun time. Are you doing a big Halloween party this year? You guys always make Halloween so much fun.

The McNeil Family said...

I never have been there either and I lived in SD all my life too.. Well it look like fun. Thanks for your comment, it is tough having three now. hopefully I will get used to it soon.

Nicole Shelby said...

looks like fun! we went there last year...the kid's loved that tractor-train ride thing.

Sarah said...

Hello Dee Dee, It's Sarah Boyd-Banks. I found your blog through Chris Leavitts. Nice to see updates! I also have a blog. Its www.banksblvd.blogspot.com. we just had our 4th baby 1 week ago. Hope you are doing great! Luv ya! Sarah

TheGefrom5 said...

You are such a great mom!! I love nates butt farm! we went there when i was a kid too! I hope that I am still doing fun things with my 3rd kid like you do. And yeah, 3's hard!! :)