Monday, November 10, 2008

Troy's Eagle Court of Honor

I am happy to say he finally did it! Troy is an official Eagle Scout. His project was completed over 2 years ago, but those last three merit badges took their toll. He passed his board of review in July and the big day has finally arrived. David worked so hard on the ceremony, and of course, it turned out perfectly. There were so many people there that have meant a lot to Troy & influenced him in his life. Here are a couple examples: Aaron Leavitt was a huge influence on him, and such a great example. Also, Troy's 2nd grade teacher came. She was the first person that truly saw potential in Troy outside of his family. I will always remember what she did for him. It was really great that so many friends and family were able to come.
Here is Troy with Brother Magoffin, the Stake YM President.


Here is Jason with Nate. It's time to buy Jason another scout shirt. This one barely buttons, but he's grown so much it won't tuck in!

Here is Kevin & Wyatt. That little boy cracks me up. He never stops talking, and is very inquisitive.

Unfortunatley, I only got a few pictures, but my brother-in-laws took pictures. Brien & Jody even took a video of the ceremony and sent that to Joy and Max since they're on a mission in Washington DC. I hope they don't mind me putting the link on here. They did an awesome job! Thanks, guys!!

http://albums.phanfare.com/5237968/2965470#imageID=52374745

7 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Congratulations Troy!!!! Quite the accomplishment. Very few ever become an eagle scout. So be proud of yourself. You deserve it!!! You can tell your parents are very proud of you as well as the rest of your family.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! SO cool!

TheGefrom5 said...

That is so awesome. What an accomplishment. PLease tell Troy congrats and we are so sorry we couldnt' make it. Mark couldn't get off work until 7:30 that night and by the time he got home it was so late. Maybe he'll find solice in knowing that instead of his court of Honor, we were being held up at a taco shop! ;) Sorry, agagin. I bet it was really nice. :(

Prescott family said...

Dee Dee,
I forgot to tell David that he did a great job on the ceremony! It was one of the nicest ones I have ever been to. You could tell President Snodgrass was completely surprised when Troy called him up to the stand. The look on his face was priceless!!
Troy has grown into a great young man! Good work!

Candi said...

When Nick got home that night he asked me what I thought of the court of honor, my truthful answer was, that was the best court of honor I have ever been to. I am not just saying that either. Usually those things are so boring that my mind starts to drift and I start thinking about all the things I need to do when I get home. This one kept my attention the whole time. It was a lot of fun seeing and hearing all he went thru to get to this point in his life. Great job!
CONGRATULATIONS TROY!!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats Troy. I can't believe how grown up he is. I remember in SV 2nd ward your boys always walking out of sacrament meeting with their little arms folded so reverently. I feel old now. You guys do such a great job with them obviously.

Jenn said...

JR was very excited about scouting after he came home...especially when he saw pictures of himself on the slideshow, as well as, his name :) Thanks for including the little people that helped, too.