Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pioneer Trek

Ma & Pa Prescott (can you tell how cold it is?)
By the last day the leaders & the youth were pretty tired - here they are relaxing & waiting for all the families to return from the trek.
This shows a "pioneer family" trying to make a fire to stay warm.
We even had pioneer games - as you can see Zak is stick fighting & Nate is giving his thumbs up.
This is a "pioneer family" enjoying a yummy lunch of bagels & cream cheese and beef jerky. Ummm good.
Loading up the handcarts to get started on the first day.
Things these pioneer kids did to amuse themselves... made a guitar & microphone out of tree bark.
Some of the leaders who made sure that the "pioneer families" were well fed.
A picture with me & my boys (or at least the three that were old enough to participate).

Sorry it's taken me a week to get this done - I know some of you have been waiting patiently & I thank you. The pioneer trek turned out great, with the change in weather (rain & extremely cold) it felt more realistic... (Rather than our usual perfect weather). I think everyone had a good time in the end. We definately could not have done it without the help of so many people - especially all the adults that volunteered to be the Ma's & Pa's. Thanks to the adults & youth who came with great attitudes & made it a sucessful event!!

1 comment:

Dee Dee said...

Thanks for all YOU did! It was a lot of fun. Maybe I didn't say that then because it was so darn cold, but now I can say it was fun. It was a great experience and everyone should do it at least once. As for me, once was enough. It is hard to imagine they walked 25 miles a day for over 100 days in extreme conditions. I'm so thankful I only had to do it for 2 days!!