Monday, May 4, 2009

Bragging Rights....

As a mom I'm allowed to brag, right? It's not often that your son gets his picture in a magazine, or at least not mine. Sure my kids have been in videos & even done some modeling for clothing & shoes (sorry a little more bragging but they were smaller & cuter then) but I think this is the first time that one of them was in a magazine doing something that they love! If you get the chance (stop by your local bookstore) check out June's issue of Skateboarder magazine (page 75 to be exact) & you will see Zak pulling a stalefish (some sort of air) on his skateboard while on tour with Jamey & some professional skateboarders late last year. In fact, if you flip a few pages back (to page 69) you will see that this particular article was written by none other than Jamey (both Jamey & Zak are in the picture at the beginning of the article). I'm proud of both Zak & Jamey - Zak for riding like a pro & Jamey for finally getting to fulfill the dream of writing an article in a magazine.... Can I say he's published? :o) Hopefully he will get many more opportunities, he did a great job.
Any hoo I hope you get the chance to check it out. It's always fun to see someone you know get props for doing something well, let alone something they love to do!

4 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Woo hoo!! Congrats to both. Now I need to find me a copy of said magazine so I can see the photos & read the article.

Dee Dee said...

I can't tell you how many stores that I have been to looking for that magazine. I have found the May issue of Skateboarder mag, and every OTHER skate mag's June issue. When we finally find it, we're buying a few and saving at least one for a keepsake. Also, I am going to scan the pix and put them on the blog. It's such a great accomplishment for both of them. We are all so proud of them!

The McNeil Family said...

How exciting.. i think you have every reason to brag.. Congrats to both of them

Unknown said...

That is SO awesome! Congrats to all of you!