Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Patrick's Day 10k

A few weeks ago my friend Kathie talked me into doing the St. Patrick's Day 10k at Mission Bay-in two weeks! I never jog, and hardly ever go walking. I was super nervous and started training the following day, but with all the rain and being so sore, I was only able to train a few times each week. Saturday was the big day, and I was actually really excited about it. We agreed to stay together no matter what. We did it, and we weren't last! It was so fun and when my body quits hurting, I'm going to keep it up.:) I'm so glad for the push she gave me. Who knew I would do my first (and only????) 10k at 44...I mean 29!I hate the way I look in pictures, but David was so proud of me he kept taking pictures. He wanted to blog about the day, but he hasn't gotten around to it. He's such a sweetheart. He carried purses, jackets and bags all around Mission Bay for all the girls - broken ribs and all. It was so much fun I just may do it on my own again someday to see if I can beat my own time.


4 comments:

Jenn said...

Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Congrats! I'm so impressed that you could do this at 44, I mean 29. lol.

The McNeil Family said...

That is awesome.. I did the climb for cancer a couple of weeks ago. It was 12miles up a hill. It felt great. What a great accomplishment. Go Dee Dee!!

Prescott family said...

Yeah! YOu did it & didn't die! Ha ha. Good job Dee Dee, I knew you could do it!!!