Thursday, April 1, 2010

Locks of Love




I did it! I finally did it! I've been thinking about it for so long & I finally got my nerve. This is actually the second time I've donated 10 LONG inches of hair to Locks of Love. For those of you who have never heard of it, it is a non-profit that makes wigs for kids with cancer. In the last few years so many people that I know have been diagnosed with cancer - seriously it went from me knowing NO ONE to knowing about 10 people with cancer! It is a scary disease! Anyway, since there really isn't much that I can do to help my friends/family with cancer - I can donate my hair to help someone else who might want to have a little bit of normal while they deal the world of the unknown.

I wonder what the wig will look like from this pony tail? I would love to see it once it is done, but I doubt I will.....

5 comments:

Rob n Katie' said...

What a precious gift of love. I have had the opportunity to do the same thing in the past, and it is a wonderful feeling to know you are helping someone else who is going through something so hard. I think your ponytail will make someone very happy.

JaNan Brown said...

Hey Andrea. You look exactly the way I remember you. You haven't changed one bit. So in other words I am saying that you look amazing. I miss you guys.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

You are so good. I should do this as well. But I would probably cry cutting off that much hair. Where did you get it cut? You look fabulous with short hair. But then you always look fabulous. I'm afraid if I cut my hair that short, my face would look even fatter. Scary thought!!!

Dee Dee said...

Oh, how cute! What a nice thing to do, and getting a new "do" at the same time.

The McNeil Family said...

Cute hair do!! I am sure thr person that gets your hair will be so grateful.It is a great thing to help other while deal with a tough disease.