Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hiking

The scouts always get to go cool places. I hear about them, and sometimes see pictures. I enjoy the time alone when the guys are all gone, but sometimes I want to experience their fun times, too. David and I have been hiking a little bit lately, and Saturday we decided to go to one of their scout finds. This is Cedar Creek. It was a great hike. It's about 3 miles each way. 3 miles down hill, and 3 miles up hill. Down was easy and fun. Up was a little less fun, but I definitely got a work out. It was a beautiful hike, and getting to spend quiet time with my husband was the best part. The falls were beautiful, with a rope swing on the tree where people were jumping from, as well as the cliffs on the side.
There's a little cove where you could swim to and hang out.

And here's just a FEW of the people that were there. It was sad to see about 50 people & 10 dogs there. The secret's out, apparently. It was so crowded we couldn't even get near the water. We did end up sleeping in a bit and not going as early as the scouts normally go. We will definitely go earlier next time, and hopefully we will beat the crowds. I'm so glad I finally got to see it!

1 comment:

Candi said...

The last time Nick and I went there together (he goes all the time without me) Courtney was 1 year old. Seeing your pictures mae me want to go back.