Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful

Today has been quite the day. First of all, it is my wonderful husband's birthday. He is a great husband and father, and I am so thankful to him for all he does. He has been sick for awhile and just can't shake it, but still tries to make all his marks. We are just going to have to put off celebrating until he gets better. Hopefully that will be soon.

I have been trying to get Jason to work on his college apps for a month. Time is ticking and the deadline is approaching. When Jason gets stressed, he just freezes and can't go any further. Plus, he's been sick for weeks! Yesterday he started looking at the apps and I knew we may get somewhere. To apply to the BYU colleges, he needs interviews from his Bishop and Stake President, and a paper filled out from his seminary teacher. After church, Jason found the Bishop and asked for an interview. He was just interviewed for something else, so we didn't think it would take but a few minutes. Guess we were wrong, and sorry to Bishop's family for keeping him out so long!! And thanks to Bishop for understanding a stressed out teenager with a deadline.
Jason's still not sure where he wants to go to school, but this is a start.

And the topper today was that David was able to ordain Troy an elder. This is just another step in getting Troy prepared to serve his mission. It was so cool sitting in the single's ward Elders Quorum hearing all those men singing Called to Serve, and then hearing the special blessing that Troy received. Later tonight Troy was able to help Max give David & Jason blessings. I am so thankful that he really has a desire to serve. It's so awesome sitting back and watching him grow into a man.

It is a lot of work, and a lot of things that I have no idea how to do to get these two young men ready to leave the nest. I am so torn between getting them ready to leave and wanting to pull back those apron strings and keep them safe in our home where I feel like I can help keep them safe from the world. In 4 months Troy will be leaving, and if all goes according to plan, Jason will leave in 5 more months. I know it's the best thing for each of them to follow the plan we are working on, but it doesn't make it easy.
I really am thankful for the men that live in my home. All 4 of them are unique in so many ways and I am so blessed to have them be part of my family.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow Dee Dee! Troy will be a great missionary! I can't believe 2 of your boys are getting ready to spread their wings! ;)