Monday, January 31, 2011

Mammoth Getaway

We were able to have a little vacation at Mammoth this past weekend. We stayed in a really nice condo. The picture of the condo is from the internet, since I never got any myself. Must've not been taken in the winter!! It was so homey and comfy.



There was a bookshelf, and as I was looking at the books the name was familiar on these...the man who owns the condo is a best selling author. NICE! The picture bottom right is at The Village. It was nice hanging out there.


The kids enjoyed the board park. I stayed to the side where there were no jumps.


The top middle picture (above) was where I went down last for the day. It doesn't even look very steep, but trust me, it was. David & Eric went to the left (left side of picture). I missed that turn and ended up going down the steeper hill. It was icy and I did okay for a short while. Then I fell. It was hard to get up since I'm goofy footed and do better starting on my knees instead of my butt. It was too steep to kick my board around, so what's a girl to do? Icy - steep - oh yeah, I slid. Bet you can see my butt marks till the steep part's over:) Then I was able to flip over and continue the rest of the way. I have no pride!!


It was so cold and windy at the top of the mountain. The sign at the top said winds 40-50 mph.

Sunday morning we got up to leave and this is what we saw...lots of snow! Here's a picture off of our porch of David loading up the car. He had to dig out the roof racks to be able to put the boards on top. We were lucky we were able to drive out with just using our 4x4 and no chains. So much different than Big Bear snow! It was such a fun little trip. We were all exhausted by the end of each day and just hung out in the condo. The snow was so nice and powdery, and so much funner to snowboard in than ice! David and I even got a little bit of time to hang out together and just remember who each other is. We all laughed so hard, especially when Eric suggested playing the quiet game when dad got too obnoxious! He said that Uncle Kevin taught him well! Definitely some fun times and great memories.



1 comment:

Prescott family said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time. It's hard knowing it might be your last family vacation before your boys start to grow up & move out. :( It is hard to let go.