Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tribute to a Loving Lady....



Growing up I never ever thought of myself as a dog person. In fact I never really understood how people could let dogs in their house or get all emotional when their pet got sick or died.... I guess maybe you could say I was a bit uncaring?
But that was before I had a dog of my own. We had always planned on getting a dog when our kids were old enough to take care of one. But that's not always the way things turn out. Lady came into our lives sort of unexpectedly. She was Jamey's brother's (Brien) dog & he was moving & needed a place for her to stay "temporarily". After about 2 weeks we knew the boys loved her like family & Jamey told Brien that if he wanted his dog back he needed to come & get her right away. As it turns out Brien was hoping this would happen.

That was back in 2000 & as you can see by all the pictures she was a very loved dog. In fact, I think she thought she was human. I've never seen a dog let kids do so many things to them & not get angry or bite. She loved the boys & would always "protect" them when Jamey would wrestle with them. We have so many wonderful memories of our Lady. She kept me company when the boys went out of town. She kept the boys beds warm while they were at school & she loved to follow Jamey around the house. When it comes time to get another dog, I'm not sure that any will ever compare.


Our house suddenly seems empty without her but we will always love her & have great memories of what an awesome dog she really was!
RIP Lady!

2 comments:

Dee Dee said...

I'm so sorry you had to lose her. There will definitely be a void in your home without her. She really was sweet.

Jodi said...

I can remember all of the Birthday Parties at your house and Lady was always in the center of attention. I think she thought that the parties were for her. She will be truly missed.