Friday, January 14, 2011

Only My Husband...

If you know David, you know he's totally OCD. I mean this in a good way! He got in his mind the other day that he wanted to learn how to play the intro to Styx's "Come Sail Away" on the piano. No, he doesn't play the piano, but he knows what the notes are and what the keys are. So he downloaded the sheet music and brought it home.
Two days ago he started working on the first line with one hand, and is doing really well. Then at work yesterday he decided he needed more practice, so made himself a life size keyboard out of paper and somehow covered it in plastic. So now at work while he's on the phone he can still practice. He also started with the left hand so he can do the parts together. I laughed hysterically when he told me this, and had to get a picture of the proof.

Here he is practicing at home. He's going to have the intro down soon and may even continue through the whole song.
He gets his mind made up and there's no changing it. He cracks me up! Maybe we need a ward talent show!!!

3 comments:

Prescott family said...

Hey our ward is having a talent show tonight! Tell him to come! Hee hee. I wonder why your husband is so OCD & mine is not? Funny, they grew up in the same house but yet they each have different quirks. I guess it's mom's fault? Ha ha ha (oh no, what are our boys gonna say we did to them??)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Once he gets it down, you will have to video tape it & put in on the blog so we can all see, I mean, hear.

angie and graham said...

that is hilarious and ingenious!