Monday, September 15, 2008

I've been tagged

Rachelle tagged me. I'm supposed to name 6 quirks about myself. Only 6? There are so many....
1. To put it nicely, I hate that my scale only goes up. We watched the devil/angel video last night that Jamey & Andrea made about 19 years ago. I was so skinny! I didn't appreciate that body, but I'd give anything to get it back now! What happened????
2. I get annoyed when I have to tell my kids the same things over and over. I know, that's part of being a mom. But HOW MANY TIMES do I have to go in and say, "wake up", "it's time to get up". Or "make your bed". ONE of their beds is never made... It's almost always the same bed :)
3. Technology frustrates me. Like - how can I get those cute wallpapers for the blog? You'd think reading the directions would be enough, but not for me. I'd need a little video example or something. Then there are the problems I've had for a month with my new printer. I just want stuff to work right without investing a lot of time. I'm SOOOOO over chatting with hp getting told the same stuff over and over and having no positive results.
4. I don't like finances. I can't stand getting bills, paying bills, dealing with money. I don't mind spending it, but all that other stuff should just go away.
5. Commercials! I could dvr everything and never watch another commercial again and that would please me to no end. Those shows on funniest commercials are okay, but even those just bug.
6. Dr appointments. If we never had to go to another doctor appointment again, life would be blissful. Our pediatrician is wonderful and our dentist is a member and great with the kids. Yes, I work for a doctor. He's pretty awesome, too. But waiting and waiting for someone to spend a couple minutes with you (the GI at Children's is the WORST for waiting) is just ridiculous. Yep, I've been on the other end with people in the waiting room complaining - but I was getting paid to be there!!

To even this out I will list 6 things I love. (I don't want to only be negative!!)
1. Mexican food (See #1 above)
2. My husband. Okay, he should've gone first. He's amazing. He does everything for everybody else, but never gets to do anything just for him. Someday I hope we can do things just for him with nobody else in mind. That time will probably happen after all the kids are gone - like retirement!!
3. I love my job. My boss is great, and I'll always be grateful that he let me work at home for so many years so that I could raise my children.
4. My kids. Yeah, it's a love-hate relationship sometimes, but they're pretty awesome. I especially watch them during sacrament and see who they can really be. I hope they make the right choices to become those awesome men.
5. Friends. I have a few really good friends that I have had for many years. And I have many more newer friends who I just need to get to know better.
6. Blogging. It helps me to get to know people better that we only get to exchange a few words here and there. I get to know them on a deeper basis and see who they really are. And the friends who I've known a long time that I can keep up with their kids and families when I may not have done before so much.

I guess I'm supposed to tag someone else. Andrea, there ya go. (You don't need to be working, anyway) Anyone else that wants to do it, I'd love to read it on your blogs, too.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Good job! I really like your twist with adding the positive ones too. See that's why your so awesome. It is just fun to read more about someone that they may not post about. Thanks for Sharing.

Prescott family said...

Dee Dee that was so sweet & true! You're boys are growing into some really nice young men. Good job! Hopefully someday David will get to do something just for him (& you). He is ALWAYS doing something for someone... I'm sure he will be blessed in the next life!! I loved all your points, I will try & do as well (since you tagged me!!).... I will have to wait until I get off work to do it (ha ha ha)...

Unknown said...

You are so funny! I love mexican food too, and it's probably a good thing there is NO good mexican food in FL!! I hear you about telling kids a MILLION times to do something! Drives me nuts!