Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wow it's already Fall!

I've realized lately that I haven't really had time to post... plus I didn't have any new pictures so I didn't think there was anything to say. (I mean what's a blog without pictures!?)
Then I realized that September was just about over & Fall, cooler weather & the holidays were just around the corner! I know I say this all the time, but man where did the time go? Wasn't it just New Years? I can't believe this year is almost over. It sure has been a productive, good but busy year. I hope before the holidays it slows down a bit, but I sort of doubt it.

My boys are growing up so fast I can hardly stand it. It really is a very bitter-sweet feeling. Noah just got back from 6 grade camp yesterday. I had a lump in my throat picking him up because I realized then that he was my last to go to 6th grade camp. Seems like yesterday I was picking up Zak from his adventure of 6th grade camp. Now he is preparing for a mission... when did I get so old? I'm glad age is only a state of mind because I refuse to get OLD!

Anyway, as sad as I am to see summer end - I am always happy to see a new season start. I'm not as ready this year for Halloween but I'm sure that will change as October is in full swing. My kids have grown out of the "kiddie costumes" you know the ones where they want to be something like: Spiderman, Peter Pan, or a Power Ranger... Now they are into haunted houses & scaring other kids. Either way it sure is fun to relive those days with my kids!!

5 comments:

Nicole Shelby said...

i agree...life moves along too swiftly. i try to pay close attention - and then, all of a sudden my daughter is in first grade, my older son is way too tall, and my babe is smiling and holding his head up. sheesh.

it's so good though, right?

Candi said...

I love the new look of your page!!!

Dee Dee said...

Good job, Andrea! Thanks so much for making it look so cute! I too miss the little ones running through the house. I mostly miss their hugs and sitting on my lap. They used to argue who mommy would rock. Nate & Zak are the only ones who hugs me anymore!!!

TheGefrom5 said...

So true! I can't believe where the time goes!! And you'll always be like 25 to me!!:)

Nicole Shelby said...

DeeDee:
thank you so much for coming to enrichment tonight. it was so nice to just talk with you and make our silly ghosts.

plus, i have a difficult time with how i look - and you made me feel very good with your compliment on my shirt. thanks.