Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great weekend. David worked on the fence on the side of the house most of Saturday, even though it sprinkled on him & it was really humid out. It'll be nice when there's a gate up there to cover all the pool pumps.

Monday we had a bbq & pool party. I'm so glad it didn't rain! We had several friends & family over. It was nice to get together and enjoy the last holiday weekend of summer. I thought it would be nice to have carne asada for a change, instead of the same ol' hot dogs and hamburgers. Not such a great idea. David spent two hours over the grill in the heat, and Marsha spent most of that time cutting the meat. We didn't really get to visit much with everybody, but I think a lot of the people had a good time. Eric got stung by a bee. I think it freaked him out a little at first because he didn't know what happened, but he survived it.

David had been promising the boys he'd take them to the beach, so they headed out with Nate, Simon, Mark & their friend from school, Barber. They had a really good time. 6 foot faces at Scripps and lots of good crash stories.

We ended up eating dinner about 7:30 at Lido's. Just what you need at the end of a three day weekend. Greasy pizza. But it is soooooo good! It was nice & relaxing and we sat there laughing and enjoying each other's company. And did I take a single picture of the day? Nope. Not one. So much for being a great blogger!!

4 comments:

Candi said...

I gave my camera a little brake yesterday too. Not on purpose though. I was thinking about later that I should at least have gotten a picture of the girls jumping off the diving board. Oh well, maybe next time. Thanks again for having us over.

Prescott family said...

Fun party Dee Dee, sorry you didn't get much time to socialize. I think everyone had a great time. Of course I didn't take any picture either, sorry. Thanks for inviting us! The pool felt SO good.
Andrea

Rachelle said...

Wish we could of been there, sounds like it was fun for everyone except the chiefs. Since my kids are much younger than yours I feel the opposite about school starting and feel the same as you do for summer that's when I can do whatever I like, like sleep in and going to lake instead of when school starts all I do is taxi the kids around all day.

Nicole Shelby said...

tj and hannah had a wonderful time. he said the pool was packed with bodies. and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. i must admit i was bummed to be home with a sick-o.

too bad about the carne asada time takeover!