Monday, September 15, 2008

Tagged?

Quirks? Not sure if you would call them quirks, but okay here goes:

1) I am not a very patient person - I know you are surprised... I hide it well. Luckily I am married to a very patient person who spent lots of time with my boys when they were little so I didn't have to. (I know it sounds terrible, huh?).

2) I hate the fact that in the summer time I have to dress like it is winter because no one knows how to adjust our air conditioner at work. I wear sweaters & bring a blanket to work everyday so that I don't freeze to death.

3) I too get frustrated that I have to ask my kids over & over to do something (like throw their trash in the garbage!)... I mean come on they are too old to not know where it goes, right? (This goes along with number 1) Ugh!

4) I had to learn how to be around teenage girls... funny because I used to be one! I feel like I really understand the teenage boy (mainly because I have so many of them in my house these days) - but I was really scared when I first got called into Young Women's - those girls scared me. I love them now - although they scare me for different reasons now (my sons!).

5) I can not program a remote control to save my life! Why do they have to make technology so complicated (I hear your pain Dee Dee). Our new TV has 2 channel 6's - how is that possible? I don't understand it. Or when my computer goes on the brink - couldn't it just have a pop-up that says what is wrong? Like: "Virus" or "Overload". Is that too much to ask? Thankfully I do have people in my family smart enough & patient enough to deal with these things... but I still think they should make it more user friendly for people like us who don't have a clue!!!

2 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love reading these kind of things about people. I am your sister & I didn't know most of your quirks. You need to put your entry on our manningfamilytree blog & tag someone in our family.

Unknown said...

Ughh - teenage girls! I love them too, but man - talk about raging hormones! I am kinda hoping I get a break from YW here in Jax.