Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July, Again

Yesterday David and the boys worked at the Spring Valley Swap Meet to get the fireworks show ready for tonight. They worked several hours yesterday, and then today David went back and worked a few more hours. Today's work was for ages 18 and up since it was with ignitors. Tonight was the pay off. We were able to watch the fireworks right up close. We could see them shoot right out of the cans and were able to look up straight over our heads to watch them. It was really cool, and they all were proud that they helped make it happen. Thanks to Don for working it all out so they could be a part of a great show.Last night David and I went to Seaport Village and walked around, and ate dinner. David has been sick for the last couple days, and he had a fever and got the chills, so we came home and went in the jacuzzi to warm him up. It wasn't exactly the anniversary we had last year, but it was nice - the time that we did get to spend together. We'll have some time tomorrow to hang out and then we won't see each other much for 2 weeks. I sure hope after everyone gets home, we will have a more normal life and things will slow down. We've been way too busy for too long, and he's been sick almost every month this year. I'm sure it's because he's run down.

Thanks for the post, Andrea. I guess since I don't like having my picture taken, I have to put up with the few pix that there are of me. And I'm for sure not digging out wedding pictures and posting them!! Such 80's hair - yuck! When we were dating, David always said that he wanted to get married on the 4th of July - some year. Every year the 4th would come and go. He wanted to be able to afford to buy a house before we could plan to get married. (Plus, he was scared.) We dated for almost 8 years before we were ready. It's been a great 21 years (29 total), and I married such a wonderful guy. He's always doing something nice for somebody, and still makes time to make me feel like a queen. I'm sure lucky.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary guys!! I hope David gets better soon!

The McNeil Family said...

I can email the directions on how to make the tote.