Thursday, July 23, 2009

Scout Camp


Last week all of the guys were at camp. David was at Santa Cruz Island with Troy and Jason, and Eric was at Mataguay. They all had a ton of fun. It was a really quiet week for me. At least I had a big project to keep me busy - getting ready for Joy & Max to come home. I was able to watch a lot of movies the boys would never let me watch - like Twilight. I watched scary movies, too, which was probably a bad idea since I heard lots of noises in the night.

Don took these pictures at Santa Cruz Island. (The ones that David took are still waiting at Target for me to pick up.) They placed they camped is called Scorpion Anchorage - I can see why. There was lots of wildlife, apparently. David has been there before, and just loves kayaking in the caves. Although, he did say that Don almost died. He wasn't kidding. They went kayaking, hiking, and even spear fishing. Troy caught one fish. He said that was his favorite thing. Jason said his favorite thing was the food. All of the boys came home from camp and said that their camp food was better than eating my cooking. They told me I should go to Lex's house (the camp cook) and get lessons. GREAT! They said that the coolers were at least 200lbs each. They ate really well there!

Eric didn't take any pictures, but he had a terrific time. He wasn't really looking forward to going since all his friends that have been to "MataGAY" said it was lame. He had so much fun and got 3 merit badges - Rifle shooting, environmental science, and aviation. They went up in a glider plane and got to zero gravity. He said that was a blast. Times to remember forever.
This is my first time with a collage. I don't really like how it turned out. I'm sure I did something wrong. Click on it and the pictures will be clearer.Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

the collage looks good.. If you want to make it bigger. I can help you with that. Just call me one of these days or text me and if I am home i can walk you thru it

Carranza's said...

Sounds like everyone had fun at camp. I cant believe how fast our kids have grown.

Sandra said...

I'm glad everyone had fun and came home in one piece. Michael had a lot of fun, too. His photos are at Walmart. I'll try to get them tomorrow.