Sunday, July 7, 2013

February

This month marks my 30th anniversary at my job.  Yeah, I know.  I started there when I was 1.  haha
 I can't even begin to say how wonderful my bosses are.  I started there in high school, and when I got pregnant with Troy, my boss didn't want me to leave.  We came up with a plan that I would work at home.  That was great for 18 years!!  (How lucky am I???)  My boss's daughter became a doctor as well and joined the practice in July 2010.  They asked me to come back and work in the office.  I wasn't really ready, but heck, who could complain after all they've done for me?!!!  I definitely love working with these people, and am so lucky that when I wake up in the morning, I look forward to going to work. (well, for the most part)
 (for Christmas the staff all got bathrobes with our names embroidered on them)
 
 
Over President's Day weekend, my mom was in an accident.  She spent a few days in the hospital.  It was determined that she has seizures, and with the episode that she had this weekend, her memory got even worse.  My sister came to town and we (mostly her) set up caregivers, meals on wheels, and all kinds of things.  I managed her medication and visited her at least bi-weekly to check on her.  When I was in jr high, I had a shirt that said, "Raising parents is a tough job"  It was kind of funny then, but so true now. My sister is great and so organized.  My mom and I are very lucky to have her.

We also had our pool resurfaced.  It was long overdue.  It is so pretty and sparkly now...

before
finished with no water


 
 

No comments: