Sunday, July 7, 2013

January

The New Year started off with a bang!  I had been really sick for months, and finally was getting the right procedures scheduled.  My doctor wouldn't do my surgery until I had a mammogram.  I was only a few months behind, but she refused to proceed.  So Jan 2, I went begrudgingly, knowing that it was a pointless thing to do.  Two days later I had to go back for a 2nd one.  They determined that I needed a biopsy.  Jan 7 I checked into this fine establishment where I had a hysterectomy.
I lounged there for a couple days, getting much needed rest and being catered to by some wonderful nurses (except a Vietnamese helper who kept telling me to get out of bed. My nurse finally had to tell her it wasn't a good idea - I vomited profusely for 24 hours after surgery.  My body HATES drugs, especially anesthesia.)   
 
When I got home, the kids were so helpful.  Friends had been bringing dinner and still would drop stuff by, and I had so many calls, texts, flowers and gifts. It was so nice.  I definitely felt loved.  Eric & Jason took me shopping, pushed the cart for me.  Ahhhh, it was great!  I kinda miss being spoiled.
 
Over Martin Luther King Jr weekend, we went snowboarding.  I did post about that.  It was a really fun trip, even though I couldn't participate.  But watching was great, and it's always fun hanging with friends and family, no matter what you're doing!!  The same night was the Monster Truck show.  David and the kids went.  They had a blast. 
 


David was so sweet to keep texting me pictures since I wasn't up to going. 
How thoughtful!
 
Jan 29 I had a breast biopsy.  Jan 31 I had my gall bladder removed.  Kinda over the whole dr thing at this point.  However, I have become quite a pro at knowing which facilities are good, which ones not so much (even if they're next door to each other), and where the good hospital eatin' is.  Yes, it does exist!  Or maybe after puking your guts out for so long, anything will taste delicious :)  The good news was, no breast cancer!  Whew, February -  a new month and a new start...

No comments: