Sunday, July 21, 2013

Road Trip!!

David went to girls camp, and was gone on our 25th Anniversary!!  He knew he had to make that up to me, and since scout camp was the following week (and Eric wasn't home), he planned a road trip.  David HATES road trips.  But he knew the thing that would make me the happiest was to see our kids.  He emailed me an itinerary one day.  We stuck to the plan...
 
Day 1

We stopped at my FAVORITE store to shop.  (He really does love me, doesn't he???)
Okay, well Tai Pan wasn't on HIS itinerary, but it was mine!!
 






We got to our hotel early, so we rode the roller coaster.  It's been a few years since I've ridden one.  But it was sooooooo fun!!



 
David LOVES the Big Bang Theory.  When I wear my sweats he calls me Penny.





 
We love the movie BIG.  We saw this and couldn't resist taking a picture.  When we got back to the hotel, the movie was on.  That was so funny!

 
It was hot.  Why in the world did we travel AWAY from the Pacific Ocean where there is a cool breeze & where it cools down at night, to this???

We went to see Criss Angel.  That was a lot of fun! 
 
 
Day 2
 
We went to Tooele to visit friends and had dinner with them.  Then we headed off to Salt Lake City.  By the time we got there, Temple Square was almost closed.  But we took a few pictures and walked around.  And it's always fun being with my bestie.

 
Day 3
 
There were miles and miles and miles...of construction.  It was a long, slow, painful drive.  I took this picture for our friend, Jerry, who just left for his mission.  Jerry is going to Boise, Idaho.  Oh, good luck, kiddo!!
 
 
 
The best thing about Idaho are these guys!!
We had so much fun with them.  We laughed harder than I've laughed in a long time.  Of course, when your husband is as funny as mine, you're in for a real treat. 
 
If you're ever in Rigby, Idaho.  This is one fun place to mini golf :)

 
Lillian's shoe kept coming untied, so David had to help her. 
 
Was it worth the drive to see them?  Ahhh, probably once :)  I definitely won't roll my eyes quite as bad when Jason complains how long of a drive it is, though!
 
Day 4
 
There was a some of this.  Thankfully not as much as was forecasted.
Our view for the evening.

 
Day 5
We had to stop at the local boat store and check out to see what is there.  Unfortunately, not as much to look at compared to all the boats we saw on our drive.  We had to check out each one to see if it was the right kind.  There may be a lot of places to boat in Utah & Idaho, but I think we'll stay in our lovely San Diego.  You don't realize how great you have it until you go away for a few days.
Home, Sweet Home!!
 
 
 

No comments: