Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My baby is Eighteen!!



Yesterday was Zak's 18th birthday! Zak is our oldest son, the first born but still my baby. I still can't believe it has been 18 years since he was born... I can remember it like it was yesterday. Really, I just can't believe how fast the time has flown by. If you were to see my boys, Zak is the one that looks most like me. Although in many other ways he is a lot like Jamey. He has grown into a handsome, talented young man right before our eyes. As the next year passes (hopefully not a quickly as the last 18) we will be savoring every second with our family. Once Zak turns 19 our life as we know it will never be the same. Of course it will be great & wonderful to send him off on his mission, but before he comes home we will be sending out our second son (Nate) on his mission - so life as a family of 6 will change once the boys all return from their missions. It's crazy to think we will be starting a new faze of our lives very soon. So as I said, this next year will be bitter/sweet as we enjoy our time together as a family. We are so proud of Zak & the man he is becoming, the choices he has made in life & continues to make - keep it up son!! We love you & Happy Birthday!

No comments: