Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

My kids are not the kind who show a lot of love to their mom anymore. They're such tough teenagers now. I really miss those days when they would fight over who got to sat on my lap or who I would push on the swing. But for Mother's Day, they shocked me. Troy came up with the idea that he wanted to take me out to dinner. Jason wanted in on that. We picked Tuesday night this week, because that was the only day we didn't have something we had to do. They wanted to take me to Red Lobster, but I don't think they knew how much that would cost. David finally talked them into going to Olive Garden. Troy wasn't very pleased with the change, but he went along with it. We had such a nice time together, just the three of us. They were so nice and it will be something I remember for a long time.

Eric wrote me a poem at school. He finished it just before the bell rang and stuck it in his backpack. He forgot about it and it got stuck together when the glue dried. We were able to pry it open and this is what it says:

Mom
Dee Dee
Loving, caring, patient
Who wishes to have five minutes without us fighting
Who dreams of becoming rich
Who wants to have a normal family
Who wonders what would happen if she had daughters
Who fears spiders and stuff like that
Who is afraid of dying
Who likes eating chocolate
Who believes in me when nobody else does
Who loves her family no matter what
Who plans to get a better house
Happy Mother's Day
Love, your favorite son, Eric
Ha! That's so cute. It's funny what your kids think you're thinking. I guess dragging him to model homes kinda gave him the idea I'd like a better house. At least he knows I love him, even though he thinks I want girls. Sometimes my kids are pretty awesome.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This gave me the chills. So sweet. YOu are a great mom. I hope you had a nice day.

Prescott family said...

That is SO cute Dee Dee!! The poem brought tears to my eyes! That's so nice that Troy & Jason took you out all by yourself! What a treat. Hope you had a happy Mother's Day!! (Sounds like you did!).
Andrea

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

What special boys you have there. Eric's poem was perfect. I'll bet you cried when you read it. And the other two taking you out to dinner. How fun. But if it were me I would have gone to Red Lobster. Happy belated Mother's Day from one mom to another.