Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another Prescott Birthday

Monday Jason turned 16. We've had so much going on, and he was able to celebrate a few times for his big day. At the beginning of June, he had a "teenage party" that lasted 10 1/2 hours. Then Monday night we had a "family party" to finish it off. Jason's hoping to get his license in a few weeks now that he's 16. The only problem is that he never wants to drive, so he'll have to get lots of practice in if we're going to let him get it that soon. His theory is that he doesn't want to drive with us (mostly me) because driving with your parents is boring. I keep trying to explain to him that it's all about practice. Yesterday was the first day he drove me around for awhile. I think it gets easier with each kid, or else he just doesn't make me as nervous as Troy did. Family and "almost family" party


Teenagers! I heat the pool for 2 days and they swim for 10 minutes, and spend much more time in the jacuzzi! I ended up telling the neighbor kids to come over and swim because I didn't want to waste all that gas & electricity for nothing.


When Jason was born, the nurses just knew that we weren't going to take him home from the hospital because he screamed and screamed. He overcame his first year of health problems and has become a remarkable young man. Jason is such a great kid. It was evident at an early age that he had a strong spirit and that he will really go places. Happy birthday, Jason. You have really become a great young man that we are all proud of.

3 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Happy birthday Jason! I didn't realize either until you brought it to my attention that Jason & Brandon have the same birthday. I had to laugh when you said you heated the pool for 2 days & they only swam for 10 minutes. So typical. That is why I never heat our pool. We did that same thing a couple of Thanksgivings ago & they only swam for a couple of minutes. We now only heat the jacuzzi.

Prescott family said...

Dee Dee - I just noticed that there is only 1 girl in the Jacuzzi with them.... was she the only girl at the party? If so, she was a BRAVE girl!!! :o)

The McNeil Family said...

Crazy that you have to heat your pool.. Hopefully it will get warm soon then you can swim with our heating it. Happy birthday to Jason