Friday, January 13, 2012

Chicken Soup for the Soul

Sunday I ended up with a cold, and since there are rumors of me going inactive, I got dressed and ready to go to church.   David told me I should stay home, so I did.  I guess it was a good thing, but really, how many weeks can a girl miss and not be labeled as "inactive"??  Well one good friend noticed my absence again and called me on Monday to see how I was.  Immediately when she heard my voice, or lack thereof, she said she was going to make chicken soup for us. 

As we were eating dinner, David commented, "This is REALLY good soup".  Eric replied, "Yeah, I think this is the best dinner we've eaten at this table".  Thanks, guys!!! 

I have to admit, the soup was super delicious and full of flavor.  When I told my friend about these comments, she felt pretty darn good, too.  So her kindness made a lot of people feel great!  I have a few friends who are sick now, too, but I will do you all a favor and NOT make you dinner:)  Thanks to my friend for being so kind.  I won't give her name up because I know there'll be a long line at her door, but really, most people probably know who the mystery chef is anyway!

2 comments:

Prescott family said...

Awe, I didn't know you have been sick! Glad someone is taking good care of you. Hope you are feeling better!!

Robyn Welcker said...

LOVE YOU DEEDEE wonder who this chef is anyways.... ??? do I know her :)