Thursday, April 5, 2012

My niece's baby shower


Last weekend I went with my mom & my sister Jodi up to my brother Eric's house for a baby shower for his daughter (my niece & my mom's granddaughter) Taylor. Now Taylor is the same age (or almost) as my oldest son Zak. So it's kind of crazy to think that the possibility of grand babies could be in my not too far off future. Yikes! The thought makes me both happy & a little bit crazy. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not announcing anything - just made me think a little that's all. Ha ha.

I'm not old enough to be a grandma, RIGHT?

Anyway, I have been waiting all week for one of my sisters to blog about this special occasion - especially because they took WAY more pictures than I did (mine are right off of my phone - sad really). But since they haven't, I can't wait any longer (I could be waiting for weeks, if I know my sisters....) Ha ha!
Hopefully this will encourage one of them to blog soon. Especially because I didn't get any pictures of the MANY people who attended. You'd think Taylor was well liked? I kid, because she is well liked - in fact I happen to know a whole bunch of people who just LOVE her.
This was the spread of food for the guests - if you didn't make it, you missed out!

There was another area just for 4 different salads that I didn't even get a picture of... does my sister in law know how to throw a party or what? It was wonderful & the cupcakes were pretty yummy too & I don't really care for cupcakes much.









In fact the cupcakes were not only delicious but cute too! I had to get another picture... (because it was on my cell phone you can't really tell that there were little lady bugs on top of each cupcake made out of fondant). One of their family friends made them & she did a great job!





Here is the lady we celebrated (actually both of them, see tummy). Little Page Arynn should be here within a few more weeks. Can hardly believe our little TayTay is having a baby girl... seems like just yesterday that her mama & I were pregnant together - oh some 20-something years ago!
Congrats Taylor & Michael... we are all super excited for you & happy for the new addition to our family!!!

No comments: