Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Baby is 16!!

It is so hard to believe, but my kids are getting old.  It's not making me feel any better about MY age!  After our Memorial Day pool party, we had family over to celebrate Eric's 16th birthday. Where has the time gone?  Eric is really enjoyable to be around, and the only one of my kids that I can trick into going shopping with me.  He loves to be the center of attention, and that was obvious by his great talk he gave on Sunday at church.  He loved having a captive audience!  Eric has also been informing me that he can date now (oh yay), and he has his driver's permit.  

Eric had a great day on his actual birthday, Tuesday.  He was going with friends out to pizza after school, but called me and said he had too much stuff that he got from his friends and I needed to come pick it all up.  After hanging out with his friends for a few hours, he was given his very own steak dinner by our good friend, Lester.  That's probably our kids' favorite birthday tradition.  It makes them feel so special that he would spend the time to do something so nice for them.  Plus they're not used to great food, so that's a bonus!

Happy Birthday, my Little Bubby.  You're an awesome kid young man.

No comments: