Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July weekend


Thursday started off with Eric at Children's Hospital. He had to go for a procedure. Everything turned out okay, but it was kind of scarey watching him shake off the anesthesia. Troy & Jason had just gotten home from their last day of summer school. They were all beat!


It's hard to believe, but we have been married for 20 years now!! David surprised me by taking me to the Hilton at Mission Bay on Thursday. This is the view from our room. We walked around the bay, played ping pong, ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, and finished it off by watching an excellent fireworks show from Paradise Point.


Friday afternoon Jamey, Andrea and the boys came over for awhile. Later on Troy, Aileen and their kids came over. We bbq'd and had a nice time. The Carrs gave us this beautiful anniversary clock, and our kids gave us a $50 gift card to Red Lobster. They used their own money - and even walked down to Vons one day to get it. I can't believe nobody had to give them the idea!! I am so proud of them for being so unselfish with the little bit of money that they have!!

Saturday we rented a boat and went wakeboarding. This is Jason. He never had a chance to get real good when we had our boat, but he did amazing!


Here is Troy. He remembered really well and it didn't seem like it had been 4 years since he had been riding.



Eric was too little when we had our boat to wakeboard. He was happy to get up and get a couple turns.



Even though it's blurry, here's the Big Kahuna. You can see he can still get some air. We were all surprised he was as good as he was. Apparently, age hasn't gotten to the old man!! All of the pictures of me were video, and it's really boring. But I surprised the kids. I even got a couple inches of air!! Okay, so no big deal, but at least I got up!! It was a great long weekend, and we will remember this time we had forever.

This is the last boat we had. It was a 23' Yamaha Jet Boat. It was really nice. Those were some fun days.

4 comments:

Candi said...

That looks like a really fun weekend. That first picture of your boys all sleeping on the couch is SO funny, definitely one to keep.

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! 20 years - wow!

Nicole Shelby said...

good thing eric is okay.

and congratulations on 20 years! that's quite an accomplishment.

and congrats on raising your kids to be thoughtful and unselfish...guess they are "real boys"

TheGefrom5 said...

HOw Fun!! I remember those days! Was it really that long ago you guys had your boat?! I found your blog on melissa's page, I hope you don't mind! You can check ours out if you want! I go to girls camp just for the day tomorrow, I hope I don't get Made over!! He hee! Heather :)