Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ugh!

Okay bare with me while I vent for a minute... Is anyone else frustrated with our voting system? I mean how democratic is it that someone I don't know in some "electoral college" is voting for me? Why can't they just count my actual vote? I don't understand the mentality of it... was it just some lazy people who didn't want to count all of the votes who came up with this system? Am I just ignorant to this?? I also don't get the theory that they count all of us Californians as Democrats.... I know this is not true because I happen to know MANY Republicans here in California. Will this ever change or do they do a poll once every several years? (I know this is probably not the case but it just seems so strange that they do it this way!) . And how can they tell who is going to win in a state at 10AM in the morning? It is just NOT possible! Unless someone is rigging the polls! Is it that the NEWS stations tell us what they are hoping the outcome will be? I just don't understand it!!!! It doesn't make sense... Do you think any of us will ever get smart enough to make some sort of change in this flawed system that doesn't seem to work? I mean does my vote REALLY count? I don't feel like it does.

For those of you wondering, I did vote today but that doesn't mean that I think it really matters.
What do you think?

3 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Amen sista!!! I feel the same way. I was watching TV last night & exactly at 8pm when the Calif polls closed, they gave Obama all of California's electoral votes & said that Obama wins the presidency. How could that be? They couldn't have had time to count all the votes. I don't care that it looks like the majority of votes are going to Obama. I just wish they couldn't say until every last vote was counted. That way, maybe we would feel like our vote counted. I voted too, but I feel the same way as you. At least prop 8 passed!!!!

Unknown said...

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!! I vote and always do, but I don't think my vote really counts. And I am SO sick and tired of hearing "Obama this, Obama that." HE is not that great!

Sarah said...

Glad you found me Andrea, of course I remember you and your cute boys. Congrats on your wedding anniversary! You are a marriage pioneeer! Thanks for your comments. take care and keep in touch.