Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend Fun!


This weekend was full of food, friends, family & fun.... Friday night Jamey & I went out to dinner with friends. We went to several places that we had never been before (that's what happens when you let your friends plan the date). We started off at a place called Hash House a Go Go - the name alone scared me, but I was promised that it had gotten rave reviews & was supposed to be great. So we ordered & our food came - My food of course was on the biggest plate (I should say trough) - Sorry the picture is so poor, it was dark & I took it with my camera phone.

This was a chicken pot pie - pretty huge, huh? I only ate about a quarter of it, but it was good. My friends order fried chicken & waffles... sorry but that just seemed too weird for me. Although they swore it was delicious!! Then after that we headed for dessert (even though I didn't have room for more food, it was the plan). We went to Extraordinary Desserts & I must say I have heard great things about this place, but I was not prepared for it... It was almost like a club - bumping music & all. We had to wait about an hour for a seat (which was good considering I was so full from dinner). By the time we got a seat we were all ready for some dessert. We took some pictures while we were waiting for our table - here's one of us girls....
Saturday Night the boys band played with another band called Angry Samoans. They've played with this band several times & it's always a good time. Here's some pictures from the night.
What's a night out without some pool? The boys all killing time before their set.

Simon is the lead singer (or I should say lead screamer -ha ha). Zak plays the drums, Nate plays the bass & Noah finally gets to play backup guitar. Their other band mate is named Alex & he plays lead guitar. The boys all taught themselves how to play & I must say they have gotten better over the years. There were a lot of people there last night that saw the boys play several years ago that commented how great they were. Zak had shirts & CD's made & they sold a bunch of them there too. It's always fun to see the boys & hear the excitement of the night!
Uncle Brien & Aunt Jody came to see the boys play. It was fun having them there & the boys just love it when friends & family come to watch them. So next time be sure to come along!!! The energy there is incredible!!Last picture was a self portrait while waiting for the band to start playing... doesn't it look like we are having the time of our lives?? We were!

7 comments:

Dee Dee said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. We'll need to come see the boys play sometime. And that was the most food I've ever seen on one plate. YIKES!

PS Glad you got your computer back up.

The McNeil Family said...

Yeah I agree with Dee Dee that was one big pot pie.. Crazy to see your boys are so grown up and play in there own band.. COOL..

angie and graham said...

Hey, who are your HOT friends? You did have a busy weekend. So glad you and Jamey took the time to come out with us. I had a blast. Must do again soon! I hope the boys ate the rest of your food. Hate to see it go to waste.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Looks like everyone had a good time. I bet Noah is happy to now be a part of the band.

Sarah said...

What a fun weekend, Andrea!! Looks like a TON of food, and a fun night of music. ( or screaming as you mentioned) I love the weekends!!

Langston Family said...

ANDREA, SORRY WE COULDN'T MAKE IT!!
WE WERE OUT IN OCOTILLO WELLS AND BORREGO SPRINGS. WE WENT RIDING AND ALSO TO VISIT JEANNETTE'S PARENTS IN BORREGO SPRINGS. LET US KNOW WHEN THEY PLAY AGAIN. SEE YA, ERIC

Unknown said...

That's SO cool!!