Monday, September 20, 2010

Good-bye and a Do Over

Yesterday I was released as Young Women President. I truly believe that YW is the BEST calling ever! It keeps you busy, but then there's these faces to see every week... (some are missing) I will really miss the girls. I was asked, "now who will act like my 2nd mom and get after me"? I'm only a phone call or a text away!! Always willing to do my share of nagging - ask my kids:)
I have been trying to remember all of my callings of the past and how long I was in them. I always thought I should write it down, but I didn't. I must have spent about 10 years in YW, 8 in Primary, and 4 in RS.
My new calling is Enrichment Leader. I've been Assistant Enrichment Leader, Enrich Leader, and RS Counselor over Enrichment. I guess I haven't gotten it quite right yet, so I get another shot at it. It's not something I am comfortable with, and haven't learned to love that position yet. Maybe that's the problem. They say you get released when you get good at it or you love it. Hopefully both of those things will happen. I am definitely relieved that I will have more time on my hands, and can't wait until I have a Wednesday night home alone...but I will miss my girls. They are in really good hands, so that helps!! I am just reassured by the treasured relationships I have with some of my previous young women and I know it's not really good-bye.

4 comments:

Prescott family said...

Ahhh, you were a great YW President! I will miss working with you. Good luck with Enrichment.(ha ha, isn't it called something else now?)

Jenn said...

Change is hard. Just know that you've had a positive influence on each young woman that has come in contact with you.

Robyn Welcker said...

Well....I think you rock! and you were so great with those young women I could see just how much they loved you! But I think your gonna be just as wonderful as an enrichment Leader! :) Love all your family's pictures! We need to come swim again that was a blast! xoxo

TheGefrom5 said...

Wow! Good job! I know you were awesome in YW, but I think your BEST calling was when we were in primary together...MUSIC TIME!!! Oh, and because we were in primary we got to go to YW camp!??!?! Hahah! Good times:) Congrats on your new calling, you'll do a wonderful job!