Thursday, November 18, 2010

Per Dee Dee's Request - can't deny the birthday girl....

This past weekend, my girlfriends & I participated in the Silver Strand Half Marathon. Angie, Laura & I skated... Actually Angie wore in-line skates, Laura & I wore roller-skates. Emily ran it!
As we were getting ready to start we looked around & wondered why no one else there was doing this on roller skates. Well when Laura & I were the last of the skaters (no others in sight) we understood why! Next time (if there is a next time) we will be rocking some good in-line skates!
It was amazing the different size wheels some of those suckers had! No wonder some skaters were done in 30 minutes!!
This was our before photo - you can't tell but it was pretty darn cold.

Although it was painful & I occasionally thought I couldn't make it, I'm glad that I did. It feels good to know at my age, with very little training I set a goal & actually accomplished it. I couldn't ask for better friends to share it with!! (thanks for the encouragement too!)

Enjoying a beautiful day (actually it was one of the rare down hill spots!)....














This picture is of us after we were all done & on our way home!












Here we are (Laura & I) almost to the FINISH line... TOO bad the road was awful & full of rocks. They sabotaged us skaters. I'm sure if it hadn't been for that we would have gotten a much better time! Ha ha

2 comments:

Dee Dee said...

Way to go! Looks like it was tons of fun.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Better you than me!!! You should pat yourself on the back. You did good.