Friday, September 18, 2009

Reality Bites!

Okay so reality doesn't always bite, but I know all too well that life is not always fair & sometimes you wonder why oh why something has gone wrong in your own little universe. But then again I am an adult & by the time you are my age (*ahum* no number mentioned here) you've learned this fact about life & can usually deal with it.... but it makes my heart ache when my children have to deal with things that seem so unfair especially at such an early age. Granted, I think my kids are pretty awesome & actually they are pretty well rounded - they understand the big picture, they know where they came from, that they have a purpose here on earth & where they are going... but that doesn't always make bad news easier.

Recently one of my sons friends (and I say sons *plural* because he is a friend to all of my sons) was diagnosed with cancer. He's not only a friend, but someone we consider like family. He spends a lot of time at our house & my kids spend a lot of time with him & his family. His grandma lives next door to our grandma. He also went on tour this summer with my kids & has paid his dues (sharpie face paint, smelly socks, stage diving, LGP, the whole bit).... He is a great kid, someone I don't mind my kids spending time with. It just seems like too much for someone his age (and my kids age) to have to deal with. We are thankful that his prognosis is really good & continue to pray for his quick recovery. I am thankful that we know the power of prayer & no matter what happens in life we know that there is more to God's plan than this.

What is that old saying? God won't give us more trials than we can handle? Not sure that's the saying but it's something along that line.... I'm sure this trial will make us all stronger. We love you Bryce! We're praying for your quick recovery.

You'd never know that I started this post with the title "Bloggers Block" - you know like writer's block?... sorry I haven't posted in a while, even though we have been extremely busy I just haven't had time to share. I'll try & post some pictures soon & write something a little lighter or more uplifting next time!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that is sad Andrea. It seems like people are getting cancer younger and younger these days. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope Bryce has a quick recovery!

Dee Dee said...

My kids told me about Bryce. He's such a great kid. We are all pulling for him.

Rob n Katie' said...

Our hearts and Prayers are extended to each and especially to Bryce.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

That is a heavy thing to bear at such a young age. I hope Bryce will be OK and everyone will come out of this stronger. Especially Bryce.

Carranza's said...

Praying for him and wish him a speedy recovery.