Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Joshua Tree

Monday we went to Joshua Tree. It was mine and Eric's first time there. It is so beautiful. Not the same kind of desert we're used to, that's for sure! Brien & Jody were nice enough to invite us to hang out for a day. Ashley has climbed for a few years. She did a great job.
Troy & Jason have been once before with the scouts. Troy climbed like Spiderman. He took it on like he takes on life. Just go for it big. There were two walls that were set up to climb. The first one looked pretty hard. The second was rated 5.12 out of 5.15 (or something like that). Straight up and nowhere to hold on to. Wall 2 is top two pictures.

Jason only climbed the first wall. He was pretty fast up that, too. It's crazy how animal like these guys are!!

Eric did great for his first time. He had a hard time on the top of wall 1, but he made it. He even tried the second wall, and made it to the middle before it came to one crack to hold.

Notice there are no pictures of me. The guys think I'm a wimp, but that's okay. I am afraid of heights. We did climb the boulders and I got almost to the top of the back side, but it was pretty high up there, and I wasn't going anywhere near an edge.

David didn't climb, either. He really wanted to, but he pulled a muscle in his neck a week ago, and was smart enough not to give it a shot. We enjoyed the time to hang out together and watch our monkeys, though.



2 comments:

Prescott family said...

Looks like fun! Ha ha ha... I'm afraid of heights too. In fact Jamey & I were at Plaza Bonita the other day & the railing on the 2nd floor is glass - he stood next to it & I almost jumped out of my skin! I couldn't go near it... such a baby!!
I'm glad you guys had a good time. Looks like the weather wasn't too bad either!

Sarah said...

Looks like fun, that is so smart of David not to climb with a hurt neck! In the summer Aaron and I went on the skyride at the fair on a date. It was my idea. By the time we got to the other side, I wouldn't use our return ticket. I was too scared. ;)