Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission!

Okay okay, well not just yet for me & Jamey or for Zak... but my nephew Jase (my brother Eric's oldest son) just got his mission call!!! He is going to Houston Texas - can't get any more foreign than that!! :o) Jase will be the first grandson on the Langston side of the family to serve a mission. We are so proud of him and for the example he is setting for my kids. Zak is busy working on his mission papers & was hoping they would be in the MTC together but it doesn't look that way. Jase will be reporting on June 3rd - which also happens to be Eric's birthday. Can't think of a better birthday present than that!! Zak will be going later in the summer so that he can see his grandma & grandpa Prescott before he goes. This is just the beginning of our family serving in the mission field... it was exciting when my brothers served years & years ago, as it is now. Congratulations Jase! We are so proud of you!!!

2 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Don't forget that June 3rd is also Mike & my wedding anniversary. So we now have 3 things to celebrate on that date. Brandon just told me he wishes that he had gone on a mission. He is now too old, so he can't go now. But he does have regrets. Glad that Jase is going & that Zak is preparing to go. We will then have more to write about on our blogs.

Dee Dee said...

That's really great. We were talking yesterday about Zak turning 19 today and how he'll be going after Max & Joy get home. These guys are setting a great example, and hopefully a tradition that goes through all of them!!