Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Easter

Our tradition is to go to my mom's house on Easter Sunday, or the day before. The boys asked for a difficult hunt this year. The Easter Bunny hid the eggs so hard that they couldn't find the last few for a long time. Of course, Troy & Jason found all the easier ones first, so Eric ended up with the ones hidden really well. It turned out that the very last egg wasn't even hidden very hard.

My mom has the perfect yard for a good hunt because there are so many places to hide the eggs. The boys were saying it would be fun to hide eggs for us, but by the time they found all 51 of their eggs, we were done!

It was a really nice day and good visiting with my mom. It's a little lonely without my dad there. Last week was the 4th anniversary of his death. It's interesting that he died around Easter time. I was thinking about the atonement and how grateful I am for the knowledge that we have that we will see each other again. Knowing that he's not suffering anymore makes it a little bit easier, but there's definitely a void without him there. I'm sure he was there in spirit and glad that we're still keeping a fun tradition. The boys may be getting older, but they still enjoy their hunt at Grandma & Papa's.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Our Easter

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

3 comments:

Rob n Katie' said...

I haven't done an Easter egg hunt in a very long time. As a kid I would have given up sooner and let the animals have them. Great pictures and captions.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Glad to hear your boys aren't too old for a good ole Easter egg hunt!! We spent the day at our Mom & Dad's house but with no Easter egg hunt. Noah was bummed! When we have Easter at my house we always have an Easter egg hunt.

Prescott family said...

Wow, your mom's backyard is so nice! I haven't been there in years - it looks great. Let David know he did a great job on the grass... I had to laugh because the same thing happened at our house. Zak & Nate some how got all the easy eggs & so Simon & Noah were stuck looking for the eggs that were hidden better. Some traditions are too fun to stop even when they get bigger!!