Thursday, April 2, 2009

Summer Vacation

Yesterday David was telling me how he applied for two weeks vacation in July. The girls at work said, "Oh, that's so nice, you're taking two weeks off for your anniversary." Nope. He's taking one week to stay home with the kids while I'm at girls' camp, and the next week he's taking off for High Adventure Camp.
A couple weeks ago I was looking at a travel magazine that came and dreaming of all the nice places to visit. I said that it would be wonderful to go somewhere on vacation. David's reply was that he didn't know WHAT I was talking about. Next week we are vacationing at La Posta Ranch doing the pioneer trek, and in July I'll have 2 weeks vacation. One week camping in the desert in the summer and the next with everybody gone to their various camps, so I get to be home all alone. What more of a vacation could I want? Well, I got an e-mail from my friend in the Bahamas today. That's one vacation I wouldn't mind taking. Since I have no pictures to post of my vacation, I'll post Scott & Ronda's pictures from this week. Hey, I could photoshop mine & David's pictures into it. Then I could just pretend. Don't be jealous of my big vacation plans...

2 comments:

Prescott family said...

Ha ha ha - funny! I never thought of going to La Posta Ranch as a vacation! I've been thinking all wrong!!! At least on all of your vacations this year, I will be there :o) We can suffer together... I mean enjoy together.
Are Rhonda's kids that big? For some reason I thought she had a baby. Wow! Time sure flies. I can't even remember the last time I vacationed with my family. I think I've "vacationed" more with the youth from church than I have with my own kids. How sad is that?
I feel your pain sista!!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

You guys are too funny! It is sad if you have all "vacationed" with church youth more than your own kids. Time to change that!!! Your kids aren't getting any younger. Before you know they will all be leaving on missions & then you won't have the opportunity. So I say "DO IT". Go to the Bahamas or somewhere with your family!!! And when you do go, can I come?